Recipe by SmHerndon
One of my favorite recipes from one of my favorite cities in the country. Very good eaten in a warm tortilla and an excellent make-ahead dish. Cook time is chill time, at least 1 hour.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 avocados, chopped
- 2 cups celery, diced
- 2 -4 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken in strips and saute 4 minutes in picante sauce, cumin and salt until done. Do not drain. Chill to desired coolness.
- Combine sour cream and mayonaiise. Add celery and avocados.
- On lettuce leaf (in tortilla if desired), place chicken strip and top will generous dallop of mayo mixture. Sprinkle top with bacon. Enjoy!