Prep 45 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 2 lbs ground beef
- salt and pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili without beans
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 8 (1 ounce) slices cheddar cheese
- Crumble raw ground beef in a large bowl; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Shape the beef into 8 patties.
- In a skillet, cook patties over medium heat until no longer pink.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9 inch baking dish; set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine salsa, beans, chili and onion.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Pour over patties.
- Top each patty with a cheese slice.
- Bake, uncovered, at350 degrees for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
This was very homey! Perfect comfort food. Was almost like a Chili Size. Served with baked potatoes.