Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
from "Just Cook This" with Sam the Cooking Guy
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage (casings removed and crumbled)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat oil in hot pan, and add sausage, garlic and red pepper flakes.
- Break apart and cook until no longer pink and add cream — simmer on low.
- Add pasta to boiling water — when the pasta's ready, so is the sausage.
- Drain pasta and add to sausage.
- Add butter, parmesan cheese & parsley — mix well.
- Sprinkle with a little more cheese of course and serve.