Recipe by Karen in MA
from Sam The Cooking Guy - great for breakfast too!
Top Review by Pinot Princess
I saw this on his show too! Delicious! It made me like smoked salmon. We used a bit more the goat cheese and just schmeared it onto the crust with the back of a spoon. We also used a sampler of salmon that had dill encrusted, traditional, and peppercorn encrusted salmon. We loved how the salmon just melted into the rest of the pizza, the goat cheese was creamy and tart, and the capers added a briny touch. Sooo good!
- 1 pizza crust, pre-baked (10 ounce)
- olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 5 ounces soft fresh goat cheese
- 1⁄2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces smoked salmon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons capers (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Brush crust lightly with olive oil.
- Spread goatcheese over the crust, sprinkle with 1/2 the dill then top with sliced onions.
- Bake until cheese melts and crust starts getting crispy about 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven, top with salmon and remaining dill.