Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
from Sam The Cooking Guy - great for breakfast too!
- 1 pizza crust, pre-baked (10 ounce)
- olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 5 ounces soft fresh goat cheese
- 1⁄2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces smoked salmon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons capers (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Brush crust lightly with olive oil.
- Spread goatcheese over the crust, sprinkle with 1/2 the dill then top with sliced onions.
- Bake until cheese melts and crust starts getting crispy about 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven, top with salmon and remaining dill.
I saw this on his show too! Delicious! It made me like smoked salmon. We used a bit more the goat cheese and just schmeared it onto the crust with the back of a spoon. We also used a sampler of salmon that had dill encrusted, traditional, and peppercorn encrusted salmon. We loved how the salmon just melted into the rest of the pizza, the goat cheese was creamy and tart, and the capers added a briny touch. Sooo good!
At some point I will have tried every smoked salmon pizza recipe on Zaar...and this is one of the better ones for sure! I prefer the salmon cold. The warm, comforting goat cheese is a terrific complement to the crisp, chilled salmon and capers. I brushed the crust with Olivier's lemon-infused olive oil which gave it a lemon flavor throughout. If you don't have it, I'd recommend a squeeze of fresh lemon across the top before serving. The goat cheese did lose some creaminess and crack a bit; I will check it after 8-10 minutes next time and wonder if it could be mixed with low or fat free cream cheese to stay creamier and cut down on fat grams and expense...something to try. By the way, if you like capers, the capers are NOT optional! They are amazing on this!