Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
from Sam the Cooking Guy who says, "Put this in front of your friends - they won't believe it! You can say "Yeah, I made it - I mean I made that!" No one has to know it took about 5 minutes in the kitchen but you."
- 1⁄2 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 lb raw shrimp, shell-on & de-veined (31/40's are the prefect size)
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 inch fresh ginger, minced
- 1 bunch green onion, cut into 2 inch lengths
- Mix salt & pepper in small bowl and set aside.
- Turn on the fan above your stove and heat a wok or pan until really really hot and smoking and then add the oil.
- Wait until it smokes even more.
- Don't get freaked out by the smoke.
- Add garlic, ginger, green onion and the shrimp.
- Stir often so all is mixed and shrimp are fully cooked – which should not take more than a couple minutes, then add the salt & pepper.
- Stir fry quickly to coat shrimp in the salt and pepper mixture – serve.
- Prepare yourself for the compliments to come.