Recipe by Rita~
I was helping my DD make perogies for her school. She cooked up sweet potatoes. Made dough using almond meal. Tossed sweet goodness into the potatoes and walla a yummy Perogie
- 2 large eggs
- 2.46 ml salt
- 295.73 ml flour
- 295.73 ml almond meal
- 56.69 g cream cheese
- water, as needed depends on how dry flour is you may not need any
Sweet potato filling
- 709.77-946.36 ml mashed cooked sweet potatoes
- 29.58 ml milk, warmed
- 29.58 ml butter, melted
- 29.58 ml cream cheese, room temperature
- 2.46-4.92 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml vanilla
- 14.79 ml brown sugar
- 1.23 ml orange zest
- 33.27 ml dried cranberries
- 0.25 ml salt
- black pepper
- butter, for frying
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor with the blade and pulse flour and salt.
- Add eggs and cream cheese run processor till crumbly about 20 seconds. Then through tube slowly add lukewarm water till dough comes into a ball. Process 6 seconds.
- If sticky just add a little more flour.
- Let rest 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix all the filling ingredients together taste and adjust seasonings and set aside.
- Roll half the dough on floured surface to about 1/16 inch thick.
- Cut out 5 inch circles using a glass or cookie form.
- Fill each circle with about 2 tablespoons of filling.
- Fold over making sure edges are sealed and no air pockets.
- If dough won`t seal lightly brush water on edges and pinch together.
- Continue till all dough and filling is used up.
- Cook in salted boiling water with a touch of olive oil.
- Cook 10 at a time do not over-crowd.
- Stir to avoid sticking.
- About 3 minutes. Remove with slotted spoon and place in bowl.
- Brown in a hot pan with butter to coat.
- Repeat till all are cooked.