1/2 Photos of Sam's Perogies Sweet Potato Filling
1 hr 15 mins
I was helping my DD make perogies for her school. She cooked up sweet potatoes. Made dough using almond meal. Tossed sweet goodness into the potatoes and walla a yummy Perogie
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 1/4 cups almond meal
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- water, as needed depends on how dry flour is you may not need any
Sweet potato filling
- 3 -4 cups mashed cooked sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons milk, warmed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2-1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 1/4 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1 pinch salt
- black pepper
- butter, for frying
- 1In a food processor with the blade and pulse flour and salt.
- 2Add eggs and cream cheese run processor till crumbly about 20 seconds. Then through tube slowly add lukewarm water till dough comes into a ball. Process 6 seconds.
- 3If sticky just add a little more flour.
- 4Let rest 20 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile mix all the filling ingredients together taste and adjust seasonings and set aside.
- 6Roll half the dough on floured surface to about 1/16 inch thick.
- 7Cut out 5 inch circles using a glass or cookie form.
- 8Fill each circle with about 2 tablespoons of filling.
- 9Fold over making sure edges are sealed and no air pockets.
- 10If dough won`t seal lightly brush water on edges and pinch together.
- 11Continue till all dough and filling is used up.
- 12Cook in salted boiling water with a touch of olive oil.
- 13Cook 10 at a time do not over-crowd.
- 14Stir to avoid sticking.
- 15About 3 minutes. Remove with slotted spoon and place in bowl.
- 16Brown in a hot pan with butter to coat.
- 17Repeat till all are cooked.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sam's Perogies Sweet Potato Filling
Serving Size: 1 (102 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 273.9
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 58.2 mg
- Sodium 216.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 7.5 g