Recipe by Karen in MA
from Sam The Cooking Guy's "Favorites" episode Use 1 package Kraft Deluxe Macaroni & Cheese Dinner (couldn't include this in ingredients)
- 2 ounces bacon, chopped small
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, diced
- 1⁄3 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups panko breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350
- Saute onion until softened adding bacon near the end to crisp it up.
- Make macaroni according to package directions and add onion, bacon and blue cheese.
- Mix well and place in oven proof casserole dish.
- Melt butter and mix with Panko crumbs, put on top of mac.
- Bake until top is brown and crispy - maybe 20 minutes.