Recipe by San Marcos Sunshine
Another recipe from Sam, The Cooking Guy. Quick, Easy, "Down & Dirty".
Top Review by KrisLady
My husband and I enjoyed this very much! You know, sometimes you just get tired of salad, but you need a vegetable. . . you don't want to stand over the stove or turn on the oven. . . this was a delightful change, and something I'll do frequently. Thank you!
- 1 whole romaine lettuce hearts (Buy the "hearts only" which come 3 in a bag.)
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- 2 -4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated over top
- kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat grill to medium.
- Slice a thin 1/16 off the core end of the head, just to clean it up. Don't cut off too much. You want the heart to hold together.
- Cut lengthways down the middle of romaine making two equal halves.
- Brush all of each half with olive oil, and place cut side down on grill.
- Grill only a couple of minutes, just until leaves begin to wilt. Turn and repeat.
- Remove from grill and place cut side up on plate.
- Sprinkle 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar on each half, then shred cheese on top.
- Crumble bacon over and top with a light drizzle of olive oil.
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.
- Double or triple as needed for more servings.
- See Sam make this recipe with his new "Special Angel" at thecookingguy.com. Click on "video" at the bottom of his home page.