Recipe by dane thomas
When I saw Sam cook this on his show, I ran to the store before it ended. I have cooked it three times in the past two weeks and it never lasts long.
Top Review by Andreazaar
WOW! This was awesome! My husband is a HUGE fan! This is a healthy dinner for sure. I added some fresh spinach on it from my garden and it was fantastic. Next time I make these, I think I will play around with the cheese, maybe use pepper jack or provolone. Thanks for posting! 5 STARS! :)
- 6 boneless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons basil leaves, fresh (chopped fine)
- 1 tablespoon oregano leaves, fresh (chopped fine)
- 3 -4 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and pepper
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes
- 1 small ciabatta, 1 of those short ciabatta-type French baguette
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, for drizzling
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim the extra fat from the chicken thighs.
- Put them in a Ziploc bag and add the olive oil, the herbs and season well with the salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes or up to about 8 hours.
- Heat your grill outside.
- Slice the tomatoes into thick slices and drizzle with olive oil on both sides.
- Cut the bread in half lenghtwise and drizzle both sides with olive oil.
- Grill the chicken on first side until beautifully done - about 5 minutes.
- Turn chicken over and also put the tomatoes on the grill - cook both sides until they get soft.
- Place the bread on the grill and toast it.
- Put the shredded mozzarella on the chicken to melt while everything finishes.
- Build you sandwich like this: chicken, tomato, top of bread and slice into 4 equial pieces.