1/4 Photos of Sam's Grilled Chicken Parmesan... on the Gas Grill
dane thomas's Note:
When I saw Sam cook this on his show, I ran to the store before it ended. I have cooked it three times in the past two weeks and it never lasts long.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 boneless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons basil leaves, fresh (chopped fine)
- 1 tablespoon oregano leaves, fresh (chopped fine)
- 3 -4 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and pepper
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes
- 1 small ciabatta, 1 of those short ciabatta-type French baguette
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, for drizzling
- 1Trim the extra fat from the chicken thighs.
- 2Put them in a Ziploc bag and add the olive oil, the herbs and season well with the salt and pepper.
- 3Refrigerate at least 30 minutes or up to about 8 hours.
- 4Heat your grill outside.
- 5Slice the tomatoes into thick slices and drizzle with olive oil on both sides.
- 6Cut the bread in half lenghtwise and drizzle both sides with olive oil.
- 7Grill the chicken on first side until beautifully done - about 5 minutes.
- 8Turn chicken over and also put the tomatoes on the grill - cook both sides until they get soft.
- 9Place the bread on the grill and toast it.
- 10Put the shredded mozzarella on the chicken to melt while everything finishes.
- 11Build you sandwich like this: chicken, tomato, top of bread and slice into 4 equial pieces.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sam's Grilled Chicken Parmesan... on the Gas Grill
Serving Size: 1 (236 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 501.2
- Calories from Fat 375
- Total Fat 41.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 129.5 mg
- Sodium 198.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 28.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: