Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
My favorite kind of grilled cheese. I have it marked as serving 2, but often I eat them both *shhh*
Make and share this Sam's Grilled Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- Spray sandwich maker with cooking spray on both top and bottom.
- Lay 2 slices of bread on bottom.
- Spread out slices of 1 mushroom per sandwich.
- Sprinkle cheese on each slice (I will also just slice cheese from a brick to layer on instead).
- Top each piece of bread with 2 slices of deli ham.
- Top with remaining bread.
- Close lid and cook for 2 minutes or until preferred toastedness.
Usually I don't like raw mushrooms but in this it was yummy. Thanks Sam :) Made for Healthy tag game
Except for not having a 'sandwich maker' this recipe was pretty much followed, although I did include a small sprinkling of dried cranberries (just celebrating the season!) & the sandwich was great! The whole grain bread made for a particularly tasty treat! [Tagged & made as a recipe review reward in the PRMR Holiday Special]
Truly yummy. I did think that it needed 2 slices of cheese though. I used fat free cheese and some deli sliced turkey as thats what I had. Loved the mushroom, thats a great addition. This makes an easy and quick lunch that really hits the spot.