Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
My DH loves the flavor combinations in this salad. Mix it up to please your own palate! The dressing makes a big recipe so use it on other things throughout the week
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 2 teaspoons sugar (or substitute)
- 1⁄2 shallot, chunked
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 romaine lettuce hearts (leafy parts only, remove the spines)
- 1 head butter lettuce (Bibb works well)
- 2 roma tomatoes, peeled and seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons sultana raisins
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons dried cherries
- 1⁄4 cup toasted walnuts, cooled
- 1⁄2 cup crouton (optional)
- Put all ingredients except the oilve oil into a food processor and pulse until you get all the ingredients incorporated.
- Drizzle olive oil through the feed tube and whiz until the dressing is emulsified.
- Tear lettuces into bite sized pieces into a large salad bowl and sprinkle the rest of the ingredients on top of the lettuce. Serve the dressing on the side and pass the croutons.
- Optionally you can add sliced eggs, crumbled bacon and other lettuces to make this your own.