Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
from "Just Cook This" with Sam the Cooking Guy. Prep time does not include overnight marination. He describes the marinade as the food cousin of the little black dress :)
- 6 boneless pork chops, about 3/4-inch thick, trimmed
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh gingerroot, chopped very fine
- 8 ounces newcastle brown ale (or any good, dark and slightly sweet beer)
- Put soy, brown sugar, ginger, and Newcastle in a container, mix well then add the chops.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Heat grill to medium-high and put on the chops. Grill until done to about 160 degrees—somewhere around 10-15 minutes.
OK, this was seriously amazing! I put my chops in to marinade during the day on Friday on the pretense that we'd be having them for dinner on Saturday night - but I forgot that my husband had band practice, so that left them until tonight. I was a little worried that they might taste a little off or something, but I was not disappointed at all - and neither was my husband! I used big, thick boneless pork chops and they were so juicy and amazing...you have GOT to try this! "Little Black Dress" for pork chops indeed!