Recipe by San Marcos Sunshine
I spent weeks perfecting a classic Tiramisu recently...cooking the zabaglione over a hot stove & beating my brains out. Then our hero Sam, The Cooking Guy, arrives to end my pain with a recipe you won't find in Bon Appetit. I guarantee a smile attack on just about anybody at your table with a pulse. I give up! Thanks, Sam.
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 6 small powdered sugar doughnuts, sliced in half
- 6 tablespoons Hersheys Chocolate Syrup (or chocolate fudge ice cream topping)
- 1⁄4 cup Kahlua
- cocoa powder (to garnish)
- 1 dash whipped cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend cheese, powdered sugar and cream until smooth.
- Put 1 T. Hershey's syrup in bottom of a martini glass.
- Dip cut side of each doughnut in Kahlua.
- On top of chocolate, place 1 doughnut half, then a big tablespoon of cheese mix, then another doughnut half, then more cheese mix.
- Dust with cocoa powder.
- Refrigerate about an hour before serving. Add a squirt of whipped cream on top if it makes you happy.