Recipe by Karen in MA
from Sam the Cooking Guy, who says these were "fast food" for miners years ago.
- 1⁄2 large potato, diced small
- 1⁄2 medium onion, diced small
- 3⁄4 lb steak, cube (your choice of steak)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 refrigerated pie crusts
- 2 tablespoons milk
- beef gravy (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Add first 5 ingredients to a large bowl, season with salt & pepper & mix well.
- Roll out pie crusts and cut into 12-4" rounds. (Sam uses a martini glass to cut rounds).
- Divide the filling between half the rounds, and cover with other 6 rounds.
- Turn edges of bottom round up to seal in top round to make little packages.
- Make 3 little slits in the top of each, and brush lightly with milk.
- Bake at 425 for about 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve with any kind of beef gravy - I add a little more parsley to mine.