Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another recipe from Sam, The Cooking Guy. I love these "no biscuit technique" biscuits. Could it get any easier?
- 1 1⁄2 cups Bisquick
- 1 tablespoon diced jalapeno
- 1 (8 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients in large bowl.
- Lightly butter large baking sheet (or see tip below.).
- Drop batter by tablespoon-fulls onto sheet.
- Bake until lightly golden, about 20 minutes.
- If you're fussy about size, use a small ice cream scoop for uniformity.
- Another tip: Have you discovered Reynold's "Release" foil? It's the Eighth Wonder of the World in my book! I line all baking sheets/pans with it--no sticky, no washy.
- Life is good.
Now that Bisquick makes a transfat-free mix I can eat these with a lot less guilt. You're right, Sunshine, it doesn't get any easier than this and they're really good. These are a great last minute addition to make any meal more special.
These biscuits are so good and full of flavor. I made mine larger; I got 9 biscuits out of the recipe. Accordingly, I baked them a little longer, about 25 minutes.
I made too many changes to be able to rate this, but this is a great recipe! I did not have creamed corn, so drained a can of sweet corn, and then filled the rest of the can with milk (about 1.2 cup). I also did not use the jalapenos, since the biscuits were needed to go with some inferno-strength chili.
I made eight large biscuits (baked on parchment), and baked them in my convection oven.
They were great! Thanks for the recipe.