Recipe by Karen in MA
from Sam the Cooking Guy's Discovery Health Channel's "Just Cook This" show. "Part chimichanga (the crunchy outside) and part burrito (the inside) this is made totally simple by using a rotisserie chicken. But the crunchiness is from baking, not frying.
- 2 cups rotisserie-cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 3⁄4 cup salsa
- 1⁄2 cup enchilada sauce
- 4 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. In a non-stick pan, combine chicken, salsa sauce and green chiles, mix until just heated through. Heat tortillas in microwave about 30 seconds to make them pliable.
- Spoon 1/4 of the chicken mixture on each tortilla and roll up—sides in first then over the top to keep everything inches Place on a greased baking sheet and very lightly rub top of burrito with vegetable oil.
- Bake until just starting to get golden brown,15-20 minutes. While they cook, warm the enchilada sauce.
- Spoon warm enchilada sauce on a plate, place baked chimichito on top, add a spoonful of sour cream and sprinkle with cheese and cilantro.