I found this on the net, and it is so very delicious! The romaine is very crisp and cold; The dressing is out of this world. One thing about Ceasar dressing, if you make more than you will need for a single setting, take it out of the fridge for a few minutes, as olive oil solidifies in the cold. Another thing, please don't use the parmesan in the green can, buy a piece at your local market for this, and grate it yourself. It will be so worth it. About the croutons, it may sound funny, but it does make a big difference.
- 177.44 ml olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 4.92 ml Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 59.14 ml freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 29.58 ml crushed croutons
- 2 head fresh romaine lettuce, torn into pieces
- crouton, for garnishing the salad
- 1-2 anchovy, if desired, minced (optional)
- Mix all ingredients except the Romaine and the whole croutons in a small bowl or a "cruet".
- Toss with Romaine and croutons.
- Serve with a sprinkle of fresh shredded parmesan.