Recipe by Sam #3
I love to grab a bulk pack of hamburger and make this for quick and easy precooked bags of hamburger. Only needs to thaw from the freezer long enough to break up and get out of the bag. Because this makes so much I usually cook it 1/4-1/2 at a time. Cooking time is based on cooking it in 2 parts
Top Review by 2Bleu
I mixed everything together and made hamburgers as the name suggested. I could also have made as instructed and added tomato sauce for sloppy joe's, but we didn't have rolls. Didn't use any TVP (no clue as to what it is or even where I'd find it). To us, these were very unique with the use of oats and celery. It took the burgers to a whole new level. Thanks for sharing your recipe. :)
- 5 lbs extra lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 cups quick oats (not instant)
- 2 cups textured vegetable protein (TVP)
- 1 -2 red pepper, chopped
- 2 -3 green peppers, chopped
- 2 onions, diced
- 5 -8 stalks celery, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef, garlic, basil and parsley until almost done.
- Add oatmeal and TVP, combine and cook until ground beef is no longer pink.
- Add veggies and stir occasionally until tender crisp.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Scoop 2-4 cups (depending on preference) into medium freezer bags.
- Freeze for up to 3 mths.