Recipe by AshK
Hi, I'm AshK's son, and I wanted to try to make a breakfast sandwich. It is a little Mexican sandwich that I think goes great with a nice cold cup of milk.
Top Review by teresas
A very tasty sandwich for breakfast! I used hot salsa and the egg substitute. So I had a nice spicy sandwich. I cut the recipe in half (cuz there's a lot) and served it with coffee. Yum. My tummy is nice and warm now. My tummy thanks you Sam for creating this recipe. :)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 eggs, beaten or 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 1⁄4 cup salsa, I like mild
- 2 pieces French bread, buttered
- 2 slices ham, I like Fricks gourmet hickory smoked
- 1 slice American cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in skillet.
- Add eggs to pan then pour salsa in the center of the eggs.
- Stir with spatula to scramble eggs and salsa.
- Remove mixture from pan and keep warm.
- Return pan to heat and place bread in pan, buttered side down.
- Place ham slices in pan; brown on both sides.
- Allow bread to brown while cooking ham.
- To assemble, divide eggs, ham, and cheese evenly on top of bread.
- Serve open face or as sandwich (depending on how big your mouth is).