Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Enjoy this with wedges of sourdough bread or potato chips for dipping. Great as a dip for colorful, raw vegetables like red bell pepper, baby carrots and celery or to cool down spicy chicken wings! estimated time.
- 1 cup blue cheese, crumbled (like Roquefort or Gorgonzola)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 garlic clove, minced
- Combine 3/4 cup of the blue cheese and all remaining ingredients in a food processor. Pulse to blend to a lumpy/creamy texture.
- Taste for seasoning and add salt, pepper and more garlic if desired.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in the remaining cheese. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours (or overnight) before serving.
Very good dip! I used fresh garlic, light sour cream, light cream cheese, and did not add any salt. Served the dip on sourdough bread and garnished it with strips of lemon zest. Would be *great* with hot wings! Thanks for sharing!