Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
from Sam the Cooking Guy - quick & yummy! If you put the steak in the freezer for about 10 minutes before slicing, it will make it easier. Prep time includes 15 minutes marinating.
- 1 lb flank steak
- 3 limes, juice of
- 1⁄2 inch gingerroot, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- bamboo skewer
- Slice flank steak across grain about 1/4 thick.
- Mix remaining ingredients except sticks (did I need to say that?) and add flank strips. Make sure they're all covered in the marinade - let sit least 15 to about 30 minutes.
- Thread onto skewers.
- Heat grill pan, bbq or broiler - they won't take long - about 3 minutes a side and serve with dipping sauce:.
- 3 tablespoons Hoisin sauce - Asian aisle, any supermarket.
- 1 teaspoon chili paste - same aisle.
- Mix both together and put in small dipping bowl.