Recipe by Karen in MA
from Sam the Cooking Guy. The simple key to this is cooking it part way in the oven - and finishing it on the grill.
- 2 lbs ground sirloin
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 1⁄4 ounces taco seasoning (or fajita seasoning)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons diced green chilies
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄3 cup apricot jam
- 1 large chipotle chile, minced fine
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix sirloin, bread crumbs, eggs, seasoning and chilies really well in a large bowl.
- Shape into a loaf and place on greased baking sheet and bake about 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile combine glaze ingredients in a small bowl.
- Remove meatloaf from oven and allow to cool briefly.
- Heat grill to medium.
- Cut meatloaf into thick slices.
- Grill slices, using glaze until fully cooked and glistening.