Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
from Sam the Cooking Guy
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons onions, diced small
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 cup risotto rice (Arborio rice)
- 1⁄3 cup vermouth
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook onion and garlic in olive oil and teaspoon of butter until softened.
- Add risotto and stir until rice has absorbed all the oil and butter.
- Add vermouth and cook for another minute or two.
- Stir in chicken broth and whipping cream, mix well and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Remove, cover and place in the oven for 18-20 minutes Remove from oven and stir in butter and Parmesan.
- Drizzle lightly with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with a little more Parmesan and fresh cracked pepper.
I made half the recipe and used half and half in place of whipping cream to reduce the fat a little (of course I added the butter!) This was easy to put together and I baked it while I baked my oven-fried chicken. Thanks for posting Karen. This is a definite keeper. Made for Bargain Basement Tag Game.