Recipe by Thorned Rose
An absolutely divine, creamy ambrosia dessert perfect for parties of any kind (or as a treat) and very popular amongst children and adults alike that's very simple and fast to prepare.
- 300 ml cream
- 600 g low-fat berry yogurt (4 x 150 gram pots)
- 1 (425 g) can blueberries in heavy syrup (or boysenberries)
- 180 g marshmallows
- 200 g chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain blueberries (or boysenberries) but make sure that there is stil some syrup left (enough so that they are still dripping) and set aside.
- Chop marshmallows in half and set aside.
- Whip cream in large bowl till it makes soft peaks.
- Add yohurt, drained blueberries (or boysenberries), marshmallows and all but one heaped tablespoon of chocolate chips and stir gently until mixed.
- Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips over the top for decoration.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. This tastes best if left for about 8-12 hours before serving.
- Can also be transferred to parfait glasses (and layered with extra berries if you like) for a classy touch!