Recipe by esperancecottage
curry filled pastry
Top Review by trick
Absolutely fantastic! I loved these samosas. I served them at a party and they were really enjoyed. The leftover (3) that I stashed before guest arrived, tasted almost as good the next day....I microwaved them so I know they would have been better done in the oven. Thanks for posting...a definitelkeeper
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into dice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cooking spray
- 1 small carrot, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 50 g frozen green peas, thawed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground turmeric, rounded
- 1 teaspoon garlic clove, pureed
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped (or mint)
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 5 sheets phyllo dough, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook potatoes and carrot in boiling, salted water until tender - about 10 minutes. Drain and partially mash them.
- Mist non-stick frying pan with cooking spray. Sauté onion until softened, about 2 minutes.
- Stir onion, peas, cumin, ground coriander, chilli powder, turmeric, garlic puree and fresh coriander or mint into potatoes and carrots. Season to taste. Cool completely.
- Preheat oven to Gas Mark 4/180°C/350°F Mist baking sheets with spray cooking oil.
- Cut filo pastry sheets into strips, measuring approximately 30 cm x 10 cm (12 inches x 4 inches).
- Place a tablespoon of mixture at one end of a pastry strip. Fold over and over to make a triangle. Repeat to make 20 samosas.
- Mist with cooking spray, place onto baking sheets and bake for 25 - 30 minutes, until golden.