Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A twist on coconut shrimp using my favorite girl scout cookie.
Make and share this Samoas Shrimp With Spicy Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Season the shrimp with the salt and pepper (use what you like, I used Mediterranean salt which includes some herbs).
- Set up three bowls for dipping the shrimp. Corn flour in the first bowl, beaten egg whites in the second and the corn meal, bread crumbs and pulverized samoas in the third.
- Spice up the cookie mixture to your liking and then get your fingers in there and break up the chunks of caramel as much as you can. You can eat some, too :).
- I had the oil on medium-high heat, about 7 on my electric stove. The shrimp cooked real fast but the outside didn't burn too much. There's sugar in there, it's gonna burn, so be careful not to have the oil too hot or it'll burn faster than the shrimp can cook. Making sense?.
- One at a time take the seasoned shrimp and dip it in the flour then the egg whites then the cookie mixture. I did them 5 at a time, because my pan was small. Dip all 5 before you put them in the oil so they all have consistent cook time. If you're bold you can dip the next 2 or three while the shrimp cook on one side, flip them over and dip the rest. Multi-tasking like that will get you in a cook-time rhythm.
- For the sauce juice the orange into a sauce pan.
- Add coconut nectar and a spot of water.
- Add hot pepper and let it reduce.
- take out the pepper.
- take out a bit of the sauce and add a spoon of cornstarch.
- add it back to the pot and let it thicken.
- serve warm or room temperature.