1/1 Photo of Samoas Shrimp With Spicy Sauce
A twist on coconut shrimp using my favorite girl scout cookie.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Season the shrimp with the salt and pepper (use what you like, I used Mediterranean salt which includes some herbs).
- 2Set up three bowls for dipping the shrimp. Corn flour in the first bowl, beaten egg whites in the second and the corn meal, bread crumbs and pulverized samoas in the third.
- 3Spice up the cookie mixture to your liking and then get your fingers in there and break up the chunks of caramel as much as you can. You can eat some, too :).
- 4I had the oil on medium-high heat, about 7 on my electric stove. The shrimp cooked real fast but the outside didn't burn too much. There's sugar in there, it's gonna burn, so be careful not to have the oil too hot or it'll burn faster than the shrimp can cook. Making sense?.
- 5One at a time take the seasoned shrimp and dip it in the flour then the egg whites then the cookie mixture. I did them 5 at a time, because my pan was small. Dip all 5 before you put them in the oil so they all have consistent cook time. If you're bold you can dip the next 2 or three while the shrimp cook on one side, flip them over and dip the rest. Multi-tasking like that will get you in a cook-time rhythm.
- 6For the sauce juice the orange into a sauce pan.
- 7Add coconut nectar and a spot of water.
- 8Add hot pepper and let it reduce.
- 9take out the pepper.
- 10take out a bit of the sauce and add a spoon of cornstarch.
- 11add it back to the pot and let it thicken.
- 12serve warm or room temperature.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Samoas Shrimp With Spicy Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (1067 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 86.4
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 38.2 mg
- Sodium 299.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 5.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: