Recipe by petlover
adapted from the internet-posted for zw7
Top Review by Random Rachel
This was great! The coconut milk curdled, but you didn't really notice after the sauce thickened. I used 3 chicken breast, and it made at least 8 large servings. Not too pretty, but delicious! For ZWT7 silverados.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 inch piece ginger, minced and pounded
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken pieces
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 4 medium potatoes, chopped into large pieces
- 1 large carrot, chopped into large pieces
- 1 stick celery, chopped into large pieces
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 6 tablespoons water
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat your oil in a large pot, then fry the onion until partly translucent.
- Add the garlic, ginger and curry powder and fry for about a minute for the spices and aromatics to release their flavor.
- Add chicken, 2 cups of water and 2 cups of coconut milk. Bring to a boil then lower to a simmer and cover. Simmer for 20 minutes or until very soft.
- Add vegetables and bring to a boil again. Turn down heat and cover again. Simmer for 20 minutes or until soft.
- Mix the 6 Tb flour with the 6 Tb water until it's smooth (and an extra tablespoon or so of curry if you like). Then add this slurry straight into the pot. Turn the heat up to medium and stir until thickened.
- Season well with salt and pepper to taste.