Recipe by Kit_Kat
In our house we would rather make our own pizza than order out most nights. My daughter and son have perfected their method for making Stuffed Crust Pizza (like Pizza Hut) with sticks of string cheese.My son, Sam is our sauce maker and has dveloped this recipe after trying several different recipes. You might like to try his sauce with our crust, Perfect Pizza Crust
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of (or 1/2 tsp Lemon Juice Concentrate)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon sweet basil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a large sauce pan.
- Simmer over medium-low heat, stirring constantly for 5 minutes.
- Cover and reduce heat to low. Allow to simmer for 10 -15 more minutes.
- Stir once or twice durring simmer.
- Use on Pizza or as a dipping sauce for bread sticks.
- Store in a tightly sealed jar in the refrigerator for 2 weeks.
- *Fresh herbs may be substituted at (generally) twice the listed amount. We have experimentd with fresh herbs and have had inconsistent results, so we have stuck with dried.