Recipe by PeachPie24
Great for Football Games or just a Normal Summer Day. Wash down with a few beers for the best effect. Recipe can easily be doubled or tripled for more people
Top Review by kimboleyanne
This was good, I used 2 cloves of crushed, fresh garlic instead of powder. I also used my George Foreman because I don't have an outdoor grill. I like that I can have beer brats AND cheddar brats at the same time. And that I can flavor it the way I like instead of how the company that makes the beer brats likes.
- 1 (19 3/4 ounce) package cheddar bratwursts (we use Johnsonville Cheddar Brats)
- 5 hot dog buns
- 5 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 (12 ounce) cans beer
- 2 tablespoons Season-All salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Put your brats in a large pot and dump in the 2 beers, onion, season all and garlic powder.
- Add water until the brats are fully covered.
- Cook 20 minutes on medium heat, meanwhile, heat up your grill.
- Transfer your brats to the grill and cook 4-5 minutes on each side. Be careful not to pierce the brats with a fork or anything because this will let the good tasting juices out.
- Discard the beer & onion mixture.
- Place a slice of cheese in each hot dog bun and add your brats on top.
- Add desired condiments.