Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Great for Football Games or just a Normal Summer Day. Wash down with a few beers for the best effect. Recipe can easily be doubled or tripled for more people
- Put your brats in a large pot and dump in the 2 beers, onion, season all and garlic powder.
- Add water until the brats are fully covered.
- Cook 20 minutes on medium heat, meanwhile, heat up your grill.
- Transfer your brats to the grill and cook 4-5 minutes on each side. Be careful not to pierce the brats with a fork or anything because this will let the good tasting juices out.
- Discard the beer & onion mixture.
- Place a slice of cheese in each hot dog bun and add your brats on top.
- Add desired condiments.
This was good, I used 2 cloves of crushed, fresh garlic instead of powder. I also used my George Foreman because I don't have an outdoor grill. I like that I can have beer brats AND cheddar brats at the same time. And that I can flavor it the way I like instead of how the company that makes the beer brats likes.
These were really good! I made them mostly as directed, except I finished them on a pan instead of a grill. I put them on wheat buns and added mustard. My boyfriend and I were very happy with the recipe. Thanks!
I'm not giving this any stars as I don't think we like brats. We had never eaten brats before. The store had them on sale so I thought I would give them a try. I made this exactly as written using Budweiser for the beer. No one liked these but again, I think we just don't like brats. I make sausage with onions and beer and we love that. I'm sure if you like brats, this is a wonderful recipe.