Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Sammy's Charcoal Grill was a locally owned restaurant which was in business here from the early 1950's through the 1970's. Their steaks were outstanding. They were well known for their wedge lettuce salad which was covered with a generous serving of their special salad dressing. I have searched for their salad dressing recipe for years and finally found someone who had it. I'm putting it here for safe keeping so I won't lose it!
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 bell pepper
- 1⁄4 lb American cheese
- 2 hardboiled egg
- 1⁄8 cup granulated sugar
- 1 quart Miracle Whip
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 1 (14 ounce) bottle catsup
- 2 garlic cloves
- Chop celery, bell pepper and cheese.
- Put in a blender with garlic & buttermilk and blend for 12-15 seconds.
- Add eggs and blend for 3 more seconds.
- Add Miracle Whip, catsup & sugar and blend until well mixed.
- Serve over wedge of iceberg lettuce.