Recipe by Panhandle Sam
I got the idea of using sausage in this from my hubby, and I built it from there. This makes an excelent, juicy, and very tasty meat loaf. Note: I mince my onions because I like the flavor, I just don't want to know they are there, but obviously you can chop them to your liking.
Top Review by kothers
Moist, Meaty and Easy: My husband doesn't like meatloaf, mainly because it is not meaty or very dry. I searched the Internet and there were so many complicated recipes, I don't have time for that. This was easy, my husband ate 2 helpings last night and had a meatloaf sandwich for lunch today. I didn't have the maple sausage so I used Italian. I will try breakfast sausage next time for something different. It does give the meatloaf a sausage flavor but I thought is made it taste more meaty.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 lb) packagejimmy dean maple sausage
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 sweet onion, minced
- 1⁄8 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- In a large bowl, combine beef, sausage, egg, crumbs, onion, water, garlic powder and seasoned salt.
- Mix together until all the ingredients are incorporated.
- Lightly spray baking dish (I use a glass, 8X10).
- Move meat mixture to baking dish, and press to the sides.
- Squirt ketchup across the top, or spread with a brush.
- Transfer to oven, and bake for 1.25 hours.
- Let stand for 5-10 minutes.