Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
I got the idea of using sausage in this from my hubby, and I built it from there. This makes an excelent, juicy, and very tasty meat loaf. Note: I mince my onions because I like the flavor, I just don't want to know they are there, but obviously you can chop them to your liking.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 lb) packagejimmy dean maple sausage
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 sweet onion, minced
- 1⁄8 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- In a large bowl, combine beef, sausage, egg, crumbs, onion, water, garlic powder and seasoned salt.
- Mix together until all the ingredients are incorporated.
- Lightly spray baking dish (I use a glass, 8X10).
- Move meat mixture to baking dish, and press to the sides.
- Squirt ketchup across the top, or spread with a brush.
- Transfer to oven, and bake for 1.25 hours.
- Let stand for 5-10 minutes.
I added to this recipe. I used 1 can of beets, drained and cut into small pieces, almost puree, with the rest of this recipe's ingredients. It turned out 5 star delicious, and didn't alter any of the dish in taste. Wonderful meatloaf taste. ADD BEETS!<br/><br/>D.C. Farley (a.k.a.), Delano Farley.
I made this tonight, very good, I will make again
Very good! I love meatloaf but for some reason my regular recipe just wasn't quite turning out anymore so I've been trying new recipes. Then today I got a super good deal on pork sausage so this was perfect for me. I used regular sausage instead of maple flavored because that's what I had on hand. I also added another egg, bit more breadcrumbs, and more onion. All in all this turned out super flavorful and moist. For me those to areas are often lacking in meatloaf so I think that makes this recipe a winner. Thanks for a yummy meatloaf!!