Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is one of my mom's recipes, and it is just to die for. I made it the other night to take to a dinner party at a friend's and it was a hit! The person that didn't like peaches gobbled it up as well... I have had to edit this damn thing three times because they are not satisfied... I am going to put amounts of things, but make the frikkin cake like the box instructs...
- 18 1⁄4 ounces white cake mix
- 3 egg whites
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (28 ounce) canned peaches (drain one can if you use 2 16 oz, do not drain 28 oz can) or 1 (28 ounce) peaches (drain one can if you use 2 16 oz, do not drain 28 oz can)
- cinnamon-sugar mixture
- open peaches do not drain.
- Mix cake according to box instructions and pour in a greased.
- 9x13 pan.
- pour peaches evenly over cake juice and all.
- cover top with cinnamon and sugar.
- bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes or until golden.
Outstanding and SO EASY! I wasn't put off by the review of one grumbler...I did as instructed in the post and followed the recipe on my particular cake mix, which was from a box slightly smaller than the prescribed 18+ ounce size, and thus only called for 1 cup instead of 1 1/2 cups water. I used two small cans of sliced peaches, which I did drain of juice and then distributed them evenly by hand over the cake batter. I sprinkled liberally with cinnamon sugar mix (which I made more than enough of by mixing 1/2 cup granulated sugar with 2 teaspoons cinnamon) and baked it for a full 40 minutes. It was appealing to the eye as well as the tastebuds when served with a dollop of whipped cream at a special birthday gathering. Try it!
I'm sorry, but this was just okay for me. I don't like to give anyone under 3 stars, and since I did used "lite" peaches, I won't rate this. However, I just didn't like the way it looked or the way the peach juice just kind of pooled with the cake on the bottom. It was a quick dessert and pretty sweet, but I don't think I'll make it again.