Recipe by Jamilahs_Kitchen
Takes some patience but authentic tastes better than egg roll wrapper substitue. I don't like the egg roll wrappers I find here in NY so I was happy to find this. from www.mysomalifood.com
- 3 cups plain unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, and more olive oil for brushing
- 1 cup luke warm water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the flour oil and the salt, while using a fork mix in the water slowly, knead the though for 5-10 minutes until smooth and pliable dough.
- Form the dough into a ball and coat the outside with oil. Cover and set it aside for about 15 minutes.
- Heat a skillet on a medium-low heat.
- Knead the dough again and divide it into 8 equal portions.
- Form each portion into a ball.
- Using two balls at a time roll both in 5inch brush one with oil and put the other one on top. Press with your fingers to make sure they line up, roll on a floured surface to flatten with a rolling pin about 9-10 inches in diameter.
- Cut into four peaces with a sharp knife, roll each peace again so it keeps its shape.Place each peace on the warm skillet and leave it each side to dry it out (make sure you don’t leave it too long). Remove and let it cool slightly then separate the two slowly without tearing the wrappers.
- Cover with a towel and continue to repeat the same steps until you have finished all peaces.