Recipe by KelBel
This is an appetizer recipe for four or dinner for two. Serve over rice or pasta for dinner
Top Review by jane49423
Really good, but if I make it again, I will cut back a lot on the Sambuca. It was just too strong. Next time I"ll try 1/4 of the amount suggested. Just our personal preference.
- 1 lb large cooked shrimp, thawed if frozen
- 3 tablespoons butter (separated)
- 1 -2 clove minced fresh garlic, to taste
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 2 ounces sambuca liqueur (or other anise based liqueur)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter, add minced garlic and 2 tbsp of the butter, add the heavy cream and mix well.
- Can refrigerate at this point for a couple of hours to allow the garlic flavor to blend.
- In a heavy skillet, melt the remaining butter on med/high heat and saute the thawed shrimp until heated through.
- Add Sambuca and flambe, (if open flame, remove from heat).
- Reduce heat immediately and add the butter, garlic and cream mixture.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes and serve immediately.