Recipe by FlemishMinx
Much as I love whipped cream, I can't eat it. This dessert satisfies my craving for something with a similar texture, and sinful deliciousness ! I believe you could easily substitute your favorite liqueur in place of Sambuca.
- 750 g mascarpone
- 150 g sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 15 ml sambuca romana
- 10 amaretti or 10 other almond cookies
- of fresh mint, for garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, stir the mascarpone with a wooden spoon till it is very smooth.
- Mix in the egg yolks, sugar, and sambuca.
- Mixture should be thoroughly combined, silky smooth with no lumps.
- Set the bowl in the refrigerator for one hour to stiffen a bit.
- Remove from fridge, and spoon mixture into dessert glasses.
- Insert two cookies partially into each glass (submerge cookies partway in the mixture).
- Garnish with fresh mint.
- Refrigerate at least one hour, but best results (from a texture standpoint) if served the following day.