1/4 Photos of Sambossa (Ethiopian Appetizer)
This is a wonderful little Ethiopian snack that is quite similar to a samosa. You skip making the dough by using wonton wrappers. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine all filling ingredients in heavy sauce pan.
- 2Bring to a boil and stir to keep smooth.
- 3Reduce heat to medium and let mixture simmer uncovered.
- 4Correct flavor for spices and salt balance.
- 5As water simmers away, stir often to prevent mixture from sticking, especially during final stages.
- 6Cook until all liquid evaporates.
- 7If ground meat has a lot of fat, drain off at this point.
- 8Let mixture cool slightly before stuffing.
- 9Fill won ton wrappers with 1 to 2 tsp of filling. Moisten and press the edges together in a triangle shape.
- 10Fry the Sanbossas, several at a time, until golden brown on both sides. Place the golden brown Sambossas on paper towel to rid of excess oil. Serve hot or cold with or without chutney.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sambossa (Ethiopian Appetizer)
Serving Size: 1 (1408 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 51.0
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 51.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 2.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: