Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From an Indonesian friend. Very tasty!! Chicken livers with spices and a great deal of garlic.
Make and share this Sambol Goreng recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb chicken liver, cut in 1/2
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 10 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 3 shallots, minced
- 1 lb green beans, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons molasses
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- In lg skillet, saute chicken livers in peanut oil on high heat until light brown, stirring constantly.
- Remove the livers.
- Reduce heat, add garlic, ginger and shallots.
- Add beans and cook 3 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients; cover and cook on low for 10 minutes.
- Return livers and cook 4 minutes more.
This was an excellent and different way to prepare chicken livers. I folled the recipe with the exception of using canola oil instead of peanut oil, as this is what I had on hand. I served over basmati rice and both DH & I thoroughly enjoyed this one. Thank you MizzNezz for sharing the recipe.