Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
You will absolutely LOVE this drink..its refreshing, easy to prepare and it comes from Kerala, a state in India. My husband and I HAVE to have this as soon as we come back from work! It gives you that boost in energy reserve that u need after a long day!
- Mix buttermilk and water. You can adjust the amount of water according to your taste. Keep aside.
- Grate ginger.
- Cut green chilies finely. Use less if you are not a spice freak!
- Mix ginger and green chilies and crush them together using a dough rolling pin.
- Add the crushed mix to the buttermilk.
- Add salt to taste and beat the drink using an egg-beater.
- Serve chilled.
Thanks so much for posting this, Indiakitchen. I made it according to your instructions and it was absolutely wonderful, I think I'm addicted to it already! So refreshing and energising, not to mention good for digestion.
Delicious! We had this with our meal this evening but I cut the chilli down to 1. We usually have lassi with roasted cumin but it's good to have an alternative. Thanks Indiakitchen! More recipes please :)