1/2 Photos of Samber Cinnamon Fruit Salad
This recipe came about when son Sam and daughter Amber conspired to "help" make breakfast one Saturday morning. We always figure one piece of fruit for each person eating (5 people = 5 fruits). Cooking time is figured for letting fruit sit for a few minutes make make its own syrup--you can skip this step if someone is "starving!"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 apples, washed, quartered, cored
- 1 orange, peeled, sectioned
- 1 banana, peeled
- 425.24 g can crushed pineapple, drained
- 59.14 ml walnuts, chopped
- 1Cut fruits into bite-size pieces over a large serving bowl.
- 2Sprinkle nuts over the top.
- 3In a separate (small) bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over fruits & nuts; mix well.
- 4This creates its own syrup if you let it rest for about 15 minutes.
- 5NOTE: Substitute "in-season" fruits (berries, melons) or go with "tropical" fruits (mango, kiwi) for a different flavor.
- 6VARIATION: Zap in the microwave for a bit to serve it warm--this is great to serve over panny cakes or waffles, too!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Samber Cinnamon Fruit Salad
Serving Size: 1 (223 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 186.0
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 31.5 g
- Protein 1.9 g