A very hot condiment that goes well with meats and poultry. I use chipotles for this recipe but you could use almost any dried pepper you wish to make it hotter or milder.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place chilies in a bowl and cover with very hot water.
- 2Let them steep for 15 to 20 minutes until soft.
- 3Drain chiles and discard water.
- 4Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and puree till smooth.
- 5If it is too thick thin with more lime juice.
- 6Can be stored for 2 weeks covered in refrigerator.
Nutritional Facts for Sambal Oelek
Serving Size: 1 (113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 554.2
- Calories from Fat 283
- Total Fat 31.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 75.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 22.3 g
- Sugars 32.2 g
- Protein 10.4 g