Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A very hot condiment that goes well with meats and poultry. I use chipotles for this recipe but you could use almost any dried pepper you wish to make it hotter or milder.
- Place chilies in a bowl and cover with very hot water.
- Let them steep for 15 to 20 minutes until soft.
- Drain chiles and discard water.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and puree till smooth.
- If it is too thick thin with more lime juice.
- Can be stored for 2 weeks covered in refrigerator.
Oh, wow, why haven't I ever come across a recipe like this before? This is good stuff! I used some local Moroccan peppers and lemon juice (limes don't really exist here). I dolloped some on a plate of hummous and we just swiped away at it with pita. I'm going to be keeping this in the fridge at all times from now on!