Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This spice mixture is commonly served with chicken or beef satays instead of or along side the usual peanut sauce.
- 1 red fresh chili pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 2 tablespoons fried onions, slices chopped (optional)
- Place the chopped chili, garlic and soy sauce in a small bowl.
- Stir in the lemon juice and mix well. Thin sauce with the hot water.
- Stir in the onions, if using, and allow to stand for 30 minutes before serving.