Vicky Bryant's Note:
Found on the internet. Recipe provided by the Malasian Tourism Department
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fry the ikan bilis until crisp and put aside.
- 2Grind the prawn paste together with shallots, garlic, deseeded dried chillies.
- 3Slice the bombay onion into rings.
- 4Heat 2 tbsps oil in a pan and fry the ground ingredients until fragrant.
- 5Add in the onion rings.
- 6Add tamatind juice, salt, sugar.
- 7Cook, stirring occasionally until the gravy thickens.
- 8Add in the ikan bilis and mix well.
- 9Serve with steaming hot Nasi Lemak.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sambal Ikan Bilis
Serving Size: 1 (110 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 51.5
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 8.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 2.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: