Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
Found on the internet. Recipe provided by the Malasian Tourism Department
Make and share this Sambal Ikan Bilis recipe from Food.com.
- Fry the ikan bilis until crisp and put aside.
- Grind the prawn paste together with shallots, garlic, deseeded dried chillies.
- Slice the bombay onion into rings.
- Heat 2 tbsps oil in a pan and fry the ground ingredients until fragrant.
- Add in the onion rings.
- Add tamatind juice, salt, sugar.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until the gravy thickens.
- Add in the ikan bilis and mix well.
- Serve with steaming hot Nasi Lemak.