Lazy Darren's Note:
Sambal chilli is a popular condiment particularly in Asia, whether its used as a dipping sauce or as a gravy. Purists will make their own sambal but these days, makers of chilli have raised the bar that some prefer ready mades to the real thing. This sambal chicken that I have prepared is easy, tasty and best of all you can control the heat. For me, if I am dripping buckets at the end of the meal, it's a wrap for me, but you can tone it down if you like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 200 -250 g chicken breasts
- 1/2 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium white onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 lime
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon Chinese wine
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon seafood chili paste, Singlong brand
- 1 teaspoon sambal belachan chili paste, Singlong brand
- 1Slice the chicken into 1 cm thick slices, try to get pieces of equal size. Wash hands.
- 2Stir fry the garlic and the onions for about 2 mins under medium fire.
- 3Add the chicken slices, stir fry till slightly cooked.
- 4Add the chinese wine.
- 5Add the both chili paste and continue frying for about 1 minute.
- 6Add in the half the amount of chicken stock and continue to fry until the sauce reduces.
- 7Squeeze in juice of one lime.
- 8Add green and red peppers. Fry for 2 minutes.
- 9Serve with rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sambal Chicken With Peppers by Lazy Darren
Serving Size: 1 (352 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 273.8
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 64.9 mg
- Sodium 110.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 23.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: