Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
Join me in the Brazlian samba buffet line.
- 453.59 g round tip steak, cut 1/8 - 1/4 inch thick
- pico de gallo (recipe follows)
- 14.78 ml vegetable oil, divided
- 354.88 ml thinly sliced bell peppers, any color
- 1 medium white onion, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, thinly sliced
- 8 small tortillas, warmed (6 inch)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 7.39 ml ground chipotle chile pepper
Pico de Gallo
- 177.44 ml chopped tomato
- 59.14 ml chopped white onion
- 44.37 ml chopped fresh cilantro
- 9.85 ml minced jalapeno peppers
- 14.79 ml fresh lime juice
- salt and pepper
- Prepare Pico de Gallo by combing tomatoes, white onion, cilantro, jalapeno pepper, fresh lime juice in medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper, as desired. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Stack beef steaks; cut lengthwise in half and then crosswise into 1-inch wide strips. Combine beef and rub ingredients in large bowl; toss to coat evenly.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in twelve-inch cast iron pan (or nonstick skillet) over medium-high heat until hot. Add bell pepper, onion and jalapeno; stir-fry 5 to 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender, yet still crisp. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in same skillet until hot. Add half of beef; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface is no longer pink. (Do not overcook.) Remove from skillet; keep warm. Repeat with remaining 1 teaspoon oil and beef.
- Return all beef and vegetables to skillet. Adjust seasonings with salt, as desired. Serve beef mixture in tortillas; top with Pico de Gallo.