Join me in the Brazlian samba buffet line.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb round tip steak, cut 1/8 - 1/4 inch thick
- pico de gallo (recipe follows)
- 3 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced bell peppers, any color
- 1/2 medium white onion, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, thinly sliced
- 8 small tortillas, warmed (6 inch)
Pico de Gallo
- 1Prepare Pico de Gallo by combing tomatoes, white onion, cilantro, jalapeno pepper, fresh lime juice in medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper, as desired. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- 2Stack beef steaks; cut lengthwise in half and then crosswise into 1-inch wide strips. Combine beef and rub ingredients in large bowl; toss to coat evenly.
- 3Heat 1 teaspoon oil in twelve-inch cast iron pan (or nonstick skillet) over medium-high heat until hot. Add bell pepper, onion and jalapeno; stir-fry 5 to 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender, yet still crisp. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
- 4Heat 1 teaspoon oil in same skillet until hot. Add half of beef; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface is no longer pink. (Do not overcook.) Remove from skillet; keep warm. Repeat with remaining 1 teaspoon oil and beef.
- 5Return all beef and vegetables to skillet. Adjust seasonings with salt, as desired. Serve beef mixture in tortillas; top with Pico de Gallo.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Samba Steak Stir-Fry in a Wrap
Serving Size: 1 (335 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 555.3
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 89.5 mg
- Sodium 660.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 42.4 g