Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this recipe from the Samba Brazilian steakhouse. I haven't tried it (yet), but these steakhouses are popping up everywhere and I am definitely interested. When I try this myself, I will mark this recipe "TNT" (tried and true).
- 20 -30 tiger shrimp
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 20 ounces unsweetened coconut milk
- 5 tablespoons palm oil
- salt and pepper
- steamed white rice
- Saute the vegetables in the palm oil until they are semi-cooked.
- Add the tiger prawns and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, salt, pepper and half the cilantro, cooking another 3 minutes.
- Serve with steamed white rice.
Restaurant quality! The sauce is ambrosial. I made a couple of changes, was out of green pepper so used 3 mini yellow ones and some fresh lemongrass, and used light coconut milk. i also felt the sauce was to thin/much so i removed the shrimp and reduced the sauce til it was a little thicker, put the shrimp back in and served. I am going to freeze the leftovers and see how that works. Truly delicious, thanks Lorie