Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love Salsa and I've developed this recipe over time with much experimenting. It is quite easy to make in about 10 minutes and the taste is just super. I am sure you will agree that it is some of the best Salsa you've ever tried.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped
- 2 serrano peppers, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (5 ounce) can black-eyed peas
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- Put the stewed tomatoes, cilantro, green pepper, serrano peppers, onions and garlic in a food processor and coarsly chop.
- Pour into a bowl/container and add the white vinegar, lime juice, black-eyed peas& maple syrup.
- Enjoy with tortilla chips or over fish or chicken.
- Note: it is best to eat this salsa the day you make it as it doesn't keep well.